Plum Deluxe kindly sent me one of their teas of the month to try for review purposes.
The tea arrives in this little muslin bag, which is very nicely stamped with the Plum Deluxe logo.
Blood Orange Reflection Tea - "Hibiscus, Rosehips, Orange peels"
Directions: Steep 1 tsp in boiling water for 3-5 minutes
This tea is very fruity tasting, and I had it served hot with some honey, but I think it would make a great summer iced tea as well. There's not much actual "tea" in it, it's mostly made of the larger fruit and flower components. It's more like an herbal tea, than a traditional tea made with tea leaves. Their website states that each bag can be used for about 15 cups of tea, which seems like a lot. I tend to use more tea than I need to, and I don't reuse it, even though most teas can be re-steeped at least once more. The tea itself was good, it reminds me of a rooibos tea I have that I also like.
Overall, I think this subscription is good for people who want to discover teas every month. Although, I think the subscription price is a little expensive for what you get. It's $10/month for one 1 oz tea, which is about double the price of other tea retailers. It does include shipping, and the teas are handmade in small batches, so if you just are looking to discover what kinds of teas you like, I think this is a great subscription to try!
About Plum Deluxe:
- Subscription plans - Billed quarterly
- Casual Sipper - One 1 oz tea/month, $10/month (or $17/month for Canada)
- Daily Cuppa - Two 1 oz teas/month, $18/month
- Shipping - Is included, they ship to the United States and Canada.
- Organic and fair trade hand-blended teas sent to you every month
- You have the option to choose between caffeinated or non-caffeinated teas for your subscription
- Teas are mailed mid month
- Some popular teas are voted on to become available to purchase
Disclosure: I received these products complimentary for review purposes. This is my honest review.